Unit’s acceleration & deceleration times have been improved. They are also less prone to moving in reverse mode, making U-Turns much faster.
All in all, units’ reaction time to orders has been cut in half, without loss in performances.
– CIWS (vehicle-mounted or turrets) are now less effective all over the board.
– Artillery damage have been toned down a bit.
– MG Nests & Sentinels turrets are a bit less resilient.
Some of the US Army’s largest families of similar units have been “repackaged”, in order to make them easier to recognize and to project this faction more in the near-future like the others. Those are model changes, not new units, nor do their stats change
– All Humvees models were given a makeover, yet the Humvee Mk.19 variant was removed from the game.
– The Stryker family is the one which was modified the most. Of all the Strykers, only the AGM one will remain as it is.
- The Stryker MGS will be replaced by the M8 Thunderbolt in the light tank role.
- The Stryker MC with the prototype FCS Mortar.
- The Stryker ICV with the ACCE as a troop transport.
– Finally, the F-35 Lightning, too close in shape from the F-22, will be replaced in the anti-tank role with the Avenger drone.
The same was done with Chimera buildings‘ models, several of them being remade to differentiate them more.
Also, the scale of all the units was increased.
A major simplifying pass was made regarding upgrades & researches. Some were merged together, other removed (most of the time actually given from the start with the unit).
At the same time, many units, researches or upgrades’ icons were remade to make them more understandable & more consistent throughout the factions.
Due to being made obsolete by other gameplay changes, some buildings were removed from the game:
- US Army‘s FOB & LEM.
- Cartel‘s Extension Module.
The solo campaign is unavailable in the Reboot Edition, the latter focusing on skirmish & multiplayer only.