Steel Division: Normandy 44 – Dedicated Servers’ files!
First thing first: download the files!
To run your server(s), please download the following folder:
After extraction, it should contain:
- A variables.ini to personalize your server.
- A login.ini with the parameters needed to register your server in the servers’ list. You will need your identification key that you received by email.
- An admins.ini and banned_clients.ini to manage players.
- An install.txt if you need help.
- A steeldivision_dedi-server.
I got your email! How do I set up my dedicated server?
- Extract “steel_division_dedicated_server.tar.bz2” archive that you just downloaded.
- Edit the “login.ini” file to fill the login and dedicated key you received by email.
- Edit the “variables.ini” file to configure the game’s options for your server: name, the number of players and more…
- Open the console in Debian and launch the server with this command line: ./steeldivision_dedi-server -portmms 10804 -ip YY.YY.YY.YY -port XXXX
- You must replace XXXX by a valid port higher than 1000 from your router. To do so, please refer to your manufacturer instructions.
- You must replace YY.YY.YY.YY by the IP of your server. One way to find this IP is to open your web browser in Debian and search “IP” in the Google toolbar.
5. For people to access your server you must then port forward the port you chose through your router. Be aware that by doing so, you accept to receive unsolicited incoming connections.
- One way is to directly log into your router and reconfigure it. To do so, please refer to your manufacturer instructions.
- The other way is to use an application like VirtualBox that has a Port Forward option in its settings. Another tutorial for you.
If you want to update your server you have to change the .ini files, and then launch your server with the previous command line.
How many servers can I run?
One player can only create 5 servers maximum.
How can I ban a player?
In your Steel_Division_Dedicated_Servers folder, you can edit the “banned_clients.ini” file.
How can I add an administrator?
In your Steel_Division_Dedicated_Servers folder, you can edit the “admins.ini” file.
Creating and hosting a server is too difficult. I need some help…
We know that creating and hosting a server is a complicated thing to do. That’s why our forums are here! You will find an excellent and skillful community with many pieces of advice.
If you have any question or remarks, you can contact our support.